The deadline for submitting completed applications is Thursday, December 1, 2022 5:00 p.m. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Each Maine head varsity football coach may nominate one offensive and one defensive player for the awards per year.
Nominated players must complete the online application by the December 1st deadline in order to be considered by the Selection Committee for the Award.
Head coaches provide nominees with access to the online application.
Nominees must exhibit the following to be considered for the award:
- Graduating senior at the varsity level for a Maine High School during the current school year.
- Exemplary record of on-the-field football ability, leadership, and character.
- Exceptional positive citizenship in their community and school.
- Demonstrated strong classroom effort and dedicated academic pursuit.
Nominees from all levels of Maine's high school football class system are eligible for the Frank J. Gaziano Lineman Award and Scholarship.
Nominees will receive access to the online application from their Head Coach. In order to be considered for the Awards, the application must be completed by the nominee to detail the following information:
- Effectiveness as an Offensive or Defensive Lineman and football player: Effort, dedication, teamwork, ability, focus, leadership.
- High School Athletic Awards & Honors
- Active participation in sports and conditioning in high school
- GPA, High School Rank, SAT/ACT scores, AP courses, Honors courses, Honor Roll, etc.
- Post-graduation plans: anticipated education, training, and workforce pathways
- High School Academic and/or Technical Awards & Honors; e.g. National Honor Society and/or National Technical Honor Society
School / Community Service:
- High School Extracurricular Activities
- Community Service Activities
- Letter of Recommendation from Head Coach
- Letter of Recommendation from one (1) of the following: Principal, Vice/Assistant Principal, Dean, Athletic Director
- One-to-two page personal essay to support and enhance candidacy for the Awards